Sunday 13 May 2007

UFO Pictures: Too Good To Be True ?

'Chad', is all we know about the identity of the guy who contacted 'Coast to Coast' ( the popular American radio show / web site) recently about a UFO recorded back in April - the effects of which were causing concern for himself and his pregnant wife. He says he was out walking one day (unknown location) and he spotted the following strange unidentified flying object.



As you can see, the detail is quite unsurpassed for a 'UFO' picture. Clear(ish) markings underneath indicate an as yet unknown language. Some pundits have suggested that the 'letters' are some kind of Asian extraction and that the whole thing has been CGI produced ( using clever computer graphics).

'Chad' added that he took the less detailed picture using a mobile phone and that was the first. He came back later with a borrowed camera and a friend to take the better pictures.

He told Coast to Coast: " Last month (April 2007), my wife and I were on a walk when we noticed a very large, very strange "craft" in the sky. My wife took a picture with her cell phone camera (first photo below). A few days later a friend (and neighbor) lent me his camera and came with me to take photos of this "craft". We found it and took a number of very clear photos. Picture #4 is taken from right below this thing and I must give my friend credit as I was not brave enough to get close enough to take this picture myself!"



Describing it as moving like an insect, making just an electrical 'crackling' type of sound, Chad explains what he saw:

"Since it first appeared, I have probably seen this thing maybe 8 different times since the first appearance. My friend and I went out the next day after I first saw it to get the photos, but it was not there. Then we tried again the next day, and we found it within like 30 minutes and followed it for a while. Most of the time I see it out of windows in my house, in the distance. but I would say almost half of the hikes I have gone on in my area, I have seen it very close. It is very easy to photograph and...many neighbors aside from my friend have also seen it.

It is almost totally silent but not quite. It makes kind of "crackling" noises. It's hard to describe them but they are only intermittent and not very loud, but you can notice them. Sometimes there is a very slight hum that sounds kind of mechanical, almost like when you are near very large power lines. But it is nothing loud like a jet engine, it is very quiet for the most part.

It moves almost like an insect. If you have ever seen a bug on a pond, it is kind of like that. It is VERY smooth and slow most of the time, but then every now and then it will rotate very quickly and go VERY fast into another direction, then stop, and repeat the process all over again. There is just something very unnatural about the way it moves."


Intriguing. But there's a serious health risk to us, if we are to believe Chad.

Sure, of course there have been 'experts' in CGI saying how easy it would be to 'mock' this thing up using advanced computer technology and digital image editing / creating.

Case solved?...
It seems. Until you start to look at what the results of those 'replications' look like - and they don't replicate the 'real' thing, as in Chad's claim.

Then, today I find that MUFON have just had a report in (5th May), this time located at Lake Tahoe - yet with a very similar UFO. The same 'design' - but some perhaps subtle ( or telling) signs. The first being it has a slightly different and larger 'blade' arm. Another being it shows more 'arms' than the 'Chad' series.

In one section of one the new pictures I have enlarged the 'object' - and you can see quite clearly an 'edge' or some kind of digital 'halo' ( or force-field! :)) artefact from the image. My first thought is that it has been 'cut and pasted'.. but I'm no expert.

During the research of this latest 'flap' over the 'flying cross' UFO's apparently being seen across America, I came across a similar sighting going back to 1968.

“The shape of the ‘craft’ prior to leveling out to ‘hover’ position was of a central circular chamber with a leading fuselage in the front and three separate fuselages together at the rear,” the former World War II photographic interpreter stated. “On slowing to ‘hover’ position the two outer fuselages at the rear moved to position at [the] side of [the] ‘craft’ to form four fuselages at equidistant position around [the] center chamber…. On attaining ‘hover’ the ‘craft’ rotated 90 degrees clockwise and then remained motionless, unaffected by very strong wind.”





Only time will tell of course.

But as the technology becomes increasingly advanced and capable of created amazing images with cutting edge CGI graphics - how blase' are we to become about 'UFO pictures' as they continue to become 'too good to be true' ?

An on-line debate has begun with experts, more pictures and updates as the story develops

No comments: